License...Apache or GNU General Public?

May 10, 2010 at 7:32 PM
The Project documentation at http://ncqrs.org/reference/ states the applicable license for the framework and documentation is the Apache License, Version 2.0...which is a "commercial friendly" license. However downloading the source code from this project website required accepting the GNU General Public License version 2...which is NOT a "commercial friendly" license. I want to use CQRS on my next project, which I may eventually sell, so I need a commercial friendly license. So which license (Apache or GNU General Public) would actually apply to software I build if it uses the Ncqrs framework?
Coordinator
May 10, 2010 at 8:10 PM
RayInColorado wrote:
The Project documentation at http://ncqrs.org/reference/ states the applicable license for the framework and documentation is the Apache License, Version 2.0...which is a "commercial friendly" license. However downloading the source code from this project website required accepting the GNU General Public License version 2...which is NOT a "commercial friendly" license. I want to use CQRS on my next project, which I may eventually sell, so I need a commercial friendly license. So which license (Apache or GNU General Public) would actually apply to software I build if it uses the Ncqrs framework?

I've changed the license from GNU to Apache. We want to be commercial friendly, since we know free software doesn't always pays your mortgage at the end of the month ;-)

If you are starting a project using Ncqrs. We strongly advice to grab the latest source code and compile it. Since there where a lot of breaking changes compared to the code only release we did 1.5 month ago. At the moment we are close to a new release and we try to keep changes compatible with the current code (current code in the repository).

May 11, 2010 at 2:24 PM
Wonderful! I'll be sure to get the latest source code before starting work. If I see there are areas where I can contribute back to this project, I'll let you know.
Coordinator
May 11, 2010 at 2:41 PM
Edited May 11, 2010 at 2:41 PM

We are looking forward to any contribution! Feedback, code, patches or just some comments.